Skip to main content

2010 Family Letter

2010 has been a year marked by significant changes!
On March 10th we welcomed the newest member of our family, Taylor Ann. She was born almost 3 weeks early and has been a blessing since before her arrival. Now 9 months old, she is becoming more mobile and independent as she loves to explore her surroundings! She adores her siblings and is quite content to watch them play.
At the end of May we moved into a larger house. The house is almost double the square footage of our old house, and is closer to the university where TJ works as the manager of the User Support and telephone call-center. It sits on a half-acre of land and is a long-awaited answer to prayer. We all have room to “spread out” but yet we enjoy the benefits of being closer to town. It is an older home that needs some updating, but we are slowly painting rooms and making it our own. Probably the best part of moving is our neighbors- over the months we’ve been here we have become closer with them and they are a blessing to us, as well. We are so thankful the Lord provided not only a great house, but great neighbors to go along with it!
In August Ta (5 ½) started kindergarten at our new neighborhood school.  Along with the usual curriculum of learning letters and numbers, he also receives 20 minutes of Spanish instruction on a daily basis. In October he and some other students from the school were selected to partake in a Spanish lesson where the students taught the members of the School Board. Ta was paired up with the Superintendent and taught her a quick lesson to show what he has been learning since the beginning of the school year. When the lesson was over, the Superintendent and other School Board members were given a quiz; they did great and it was a fun experience for Ta. Since starting school, Ta has matured and taken on new responsibilities around the house. He is a hard worker and blessing to our family!
Also in August Th (8) began another school year, only this year he started 3rd grade instead of 2nd. He is also at home instead of in the public school. Homeschooling has been a wonderful experience for both Th and me. I enjoy teaching him and more importantly, spending time with him. Th loves to learn and, as a result of homeschooling, we have been able to study more in-depth the things that are interesting to him. For instance, when learning about the gold rush of 1849, we went to a gold mine and panned for gold. As part of our study on the history of South Carolina, he was able to attend school at a one-room schoolhouse and spend the day living as a boy growing up in the 1840s. Highlights from his trip included making homemade butter and completing his lessons using a quill pen. Th continues to prove his maturity level by his ability to take on new responsibilities, especially at home. He, too, is a blessing and I am so thankful the Lord afforded us the opportunity to homeschool.
In November T.G. celebrated her 4th birthday and is excited about having her own room! She no longer shares a room with Teagan and loves that she can have her own space to work her puzzles and color her pictures. She also started doing chores around the house once we moved, and she loves to do her “jobs” of putting away the clean silverware and organizing the shoe rack outside. T.G. is also a wonderful help with Taylor Ann. She loves to feed and babysit Taylor Ann while I am busy around the house. She continues to be a blessing to us all!
Teagan (2) is thrilled to be in our new house. She loves to play outside with her siblings and good friends Braxton and James who live across the street. Over the past few months Teagan has matured in that she loves to play babies with T.G. They pretend they are mommies and cook and feed their baby dolls. It is so cute to watch them push around their strollers and care for their babies. Teagan is such a blessing simply because of her sweet demeanor. She always has a smile on her face and is always willing to lend a helping hand! 
This Christmas season, as we reflect on the past year and look forward to 2011, we look forward to all that the Lord has planned for our family.

Comments

graywolfie said…
Wow...looks like u had a really busy 2010...

Wishing u a great 2011...!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants