Skip to main content

Taylor Ann, and other stuff!

For those who don’t already know, last Saturday we found out we are expecting another girl. TJ picked the name Taylor, and her middle name will be Ann, after my feisty 95-year-old Italian grandmother. Personally I was hoping for a boy simply since my last two children have been girls, but the important thing is that she is healthy and seems to be doing well. I go back to the doctor in about 2 weeks, but I can feel her kicking and moving around so that is very reassuring in terms of her well-being. I still think Twin A was a boy and it’s funny because when the boys talk about Twin A, they also refer to “him”, too.

The Christmas season is upon us in full-force! At preschool we are busy decorating ornaments and other gifts for the children to give to their parents, practicing songs for our Christmas performance on the last day of school, and I am implementing cookie baking/decorating as part of the children’s learning the final few days of preschool. At home we are still trying to find a spare moment to go cut down our Christmas tree. TJ decorated the outside of the house before we left for Ohio so the outside looks great, but inside I haven’t put up any decorations since we still don’t have a tree. We were hoping to go this morning but it’s too cold to spend 2 ½ hours outside, plus it’s supposed to rain. Cold and wet does not equal fun! We are going to try and go tomorrow afternoon in between church services, but again it will depend upon the weather. However, despite the lack of indoor decorations the kids are beyond excited!

We have several Christmas parties to attend, two of which are this upcoming week/weekend. We are excited as it is always nice to reconnect with friends we haven’t seen in a while, as well as enjoy good food and great company. We have another party the following week and a “cookie-making” play date the week after- whew! What a busy, but blessed, time of year to be able to spend it with such great people! I can’t wait as I love this time of year!

I am also excited because the first week of January my sis is going to be induced with her second child, another girl. I wish so badly I could go to Ohio to be with her, but thankfully my mom is there and able to help her. My sis and I have grown so close over the past couple of years and I hate she lives so far away. Our children get along so well and I miss being near family, especially now that my entire family is in Ohio. I can’t wait for my mom to retire and move down here- only a few more years! For now, I’ll have to settle on only seeing them every two to three months, and the time in between really does go by quickly. For certain my family will be visiting when I have Taylor, and that is only a couple of months away (I can’t believe it!).

I’m off to start my day. TJ and I are going Christmas shopping, so I have to get the kids ready to go to their respective places for the afternoon/evening while we shop. I’m looking forward to spending time alone with TJ as it has been a while since we’ve had the chance. I also need to finish the laundry and go to the grocery store this morning. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Thirteen #4

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 places I have been or would like to go. . . 1. Santiago, Chile, South America This was my first trip when I was in the military. It was awesome! 2. Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S. Traveled here with the military. I had a great time, although I only stayed for a few nights. It was too cold to swim in the ocean but it was nice to see the beach. 3. Palermo, Sicily, Europe This is my family's roots. My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Palermo, and it was so awesome to be able to share in my heritage. I traveled here while in the military, and I loved every bit of this country. Mt. Etna is also located in Sicily, and on several occasions (I've been to Sicily several times), Mt. Etna was erupting. It was majestic to see, especially at night. Too many highlights to say what my favorite part of this country was, but the memories I hold will definitely last a lifetime. 4. Rota, Spain, Europe Again, traveled here with the military.

Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 jobs I have held. . . 1. Special Olympics Swim Coach Best job ever and very rewarding! 2. Preschool/Youth swim instructor My first job (I volunteered until I got hired on at the Y, then I was paid.) 3. Lifeguard This was my first paid job. 4. Crew Chief/aircraft mechanic on the KC-10 I loved it- I saw the world on this plane and pushed myself the farthest mentally and physically I ever have or ever will again. Of course I missed my family and friends, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 5. Debrief personnel I talked with aircrews after they landed about their flight/mission. I learned the logistical side of flying. 6. Tool Crib personnel I gave the mechanics tools for various jobs needed to fix the airplane. I also inventoried and ordered new tools, and that was fun. Until this job, I had no idea that tool companies have a representative drive around in a truck full of tools for people to use and try. It was during t

Thursday Thirteen #6

Thirteen Things about South Carolina Mom 13 Pictures from my life. . . Th, May 2007 Ta, May 2007 At the OBX, June 2007 Ta, OBX 2007 T.G. and Jenna, 1 of our dogs Th turning 5 in Sep. 2007 Eating cake, Sep. 2007 Me and TJ at the Wilds At the zoo, Oct. 2007 Nov. 2007 Thanksgiving 2007 Christmas 2007 All of us Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! View More Thursday Thirteen Participants